Copy of Professional Development Training
Calm Classroom E-Learning Course
Learn to integrate mindfulness into your classroom or virtual learning space with the Calm Classroom E-Learning Course for individuals. This interactive two-hour course develops an understanding of mindfulness through practice and reflection, along with an exploration of how mindfulness can increase well-being and offset the negative effects of chronic stress and trauma.
With Calm Classroom E-Learning, you get:
- Instructional videos and animations that explain key aspects of mindfulness in the classroom, including trauma-informed teaching and mindful behavior guidance
- Journaling opportunities to help you more effectively practice your own mindfulness skills
- Group discussion threads so you can ask questions and discuss ideas with peers
- Short comprehension quizzes to check your understanding as you learn
Virtual Direct Service
Take your staff and students to the next level in mindfulness and mental health. With Calm Classroom’s Virtual Direct Service, your staff can access ongoing professional development via self-directed e-learning and webinars.
The Virtual Direct Service training program includes:
- Access to Calm Classroom trainers who can support school staff with program implementation
- Teacher-centered wellness training to strengthen the connection among groups of educators and help teachers improve their own mental and emotional health
- Mindfulness and self-care training that builds on the skills developed in our introductory e-Learning course
Train a staff member to become a mindfulness coach! Calm Classroom offers a Virtual Train-the-Trainer Course so school-based or district-level staff members can develop the expertise to teach other educators in their communities about classroom mindfulness techniques.
Our virtual train-the-trainer program will prepare participants to:
- Support teachers in implementing the Calm Classroom student program Deliver teacher-centered wellness training to groups of educators
- Understand and explore strategies for self-care and mindfulness
- Strengthen connection among groups of educators
Transform Mental Health in Your Classroom, School, or District
Calm Classroom provides a variety of courses and training programs that teach mental health practices for K-12 education settings. We train educators in simple, research-backed mindfulness techniques that they can then share with their students and other staff members to create a mentally and emotionally healthy learning community.
“This year my classroom is a lot more calm and focused. The idea of peace is what I needed all these years. My students are encouraging each other to stay calm in difficult moments. This year my students have less conflicts. Thank you Calm Classroom!”
"In the short time that I have been using Calm Classroom, I have seen the benefits on a daily basis for both students and staff. I wanted to thank you for putting together such an effective program that can be easily implemented in the classroom. Honestly, I think that this program could (and in my opinion should) be implemented in every classroom in this country."
"Calm Classroom has benefited my students because it gives us daily non-academic time to come together as a community. My students who lead Calm Classroom feel a sense of ownership when they lead the class. For most students, Calm Classroom is an excellent resetting that helps us get focused and ready to learn."
"I teach students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. To watch my students execute Calm Classroom is absolutely AMAZING! It REALLY helps them calm their frustrations and anxieties."
"Calm Classroom makes us calm as the sea. Our emotions go from wild like waves to still and peaceful. We learn to focus and concentrate through breathing. We just calm down."
"If more people did Calm Classroom they would think, 'What’s the point of killing each other? Let’s calm down and think about it, let’s be brothers and sisters.'"